Friday, May 20, 2011

Free range

Seriously, these pigs are taking the concept of 'free ranging' too far for my liking...
This is my front yard...
Front deck (poor puzzled Pippi dog- they are not scared of her!)
And my front door!
Usually they have a generous piece of paddock fenced off by a solar powered electric fence...but it hasn't been that sunny and well, obviously the battery backup is rather ineffective.
I am abit scared of them (they are pretty big!), Mr. Apple is away today (he's bringing home fence adjustments).
So I have shut the gates and am trying to remain 'alert but not alarmed' while the 3 little pigs have a jolly good forage in my space.


Note to dear friend Tan- do you still want to abandon your city life for a week on the farm- playing in the garden, enjoying the quiet and drinking cups of tea? The reality is not all sunshine and may involve some pig wrangling! On the other hand, if you were wanting to practice your circus skills this may just be the place for you!

11 comments:

  1. Oh they are SO CUTE! I loooooooooooove piggies, though if you're already a bit scared of them I won't recount something I heard once about the Mafia & their pigs... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Vic- Sounds like I don't want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, they're beautiful! (I agree, maybe not at the front door though!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so funny. And what lovely pigs they are. But I agree, I wouldn't want them at my front door either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny - but I probably wouldn't want them outside my front door either!! Your poor dog probably isn't used to being ignored like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol Reality may alsoinvolve a whole lotta pig poo too. Love pigs. They are cute and smart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! At least you're not short for company!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha that's just funny :o) What lovely piggies. They really are free range! I hope they were rounded up and secured so you could relax.
    Ab x

    ReplyDelete
  9. how are the piggies doing now Tan?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are pigs mean? They sure look cute. I hope they didn't eat too much of your yard!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They have made themselves at home havent they.
    Hope that the sun comes out soon and the fences keep them in.
    (Maybe Pippy dog needs a wolf costume)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding your comments, I love reading them and appreciate your effort in writing them xx...