Thursday, February 10, 2011

Under Sara's instruction

Sara's son has a particular lunch box. She made a lovely bag for him to put it in. We admired it, and she wrote up a tutorial.
I don't have that same Tupperware container- so perhaps it's slightly strange that I make the 'purpose built cover' for a container I don't own- but hey, remember I made the lap top bag without owning a lap top!
I made it over the past few days, and here's what I came up with


I did a few things differently than Sara, for a start I stuffed up the measurements abit (that was a mistake), I quilted the flap bit because I used Pellon (H640?) which was a bit thicker than what Sara used. I used a medium weight woven interfacing on all the pieces for a bit of stabilisation and a nice 'smooth' look, I used velcro for closures.
I like the shape, it kind of reminds me of a builders toolbox or something.
I haven't decided what I will use mine for yet. 
Cute fabric, don't you think? (many already know that I am a bit partial to an apple on a piece of fabric). My friend Cheryl bought it for me- she got it at Spotlight.

11 comments:

  1. I always think of you when I see apples on fabric!! Cute bag, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy it Tan! The fabric is great! And I don't think you stuffed up the measurements. I wrote the wrong thing on the pattern which is all fixed now thanks to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Sara is one talented lady (and you don't do too badly yourself either ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fantastic! Love your fabric you used too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! It looks great! I love the fabric combination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The apples are adorable - this is so cute. Looks like you did a perfect job to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the cutest thing I've ever seen! The apples give it a cutesy touch

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a bit of an Apple fabric fan too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Love Love the fabric. You make me laugh. Maybe it is a bit like "build it and they will come"! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding your comments, I love reading them and appreciate your effort in writing them xx...