Saturday, September 26, 2009

Holiday op shop goodness

School holidays here in Victoria, so off we went to the beach (despite rainy forecast). I think it's fun to have a look around 'other people's op shops' - and oh, weren't we in luck! I got 2 lime green chenille bedspreads in really good nick for $3 each (very similar to the one I bought recently from our local op shop "superstore" for $29...hmmm). I will use a fair bit of them for quilt backings, but also want to make a 'picnic rug' with sheets and bedspread. So many things on the project list.
Also got some vintage cotton sheets for $1.50 each. I will use the worn pieces in a rag rug and the rest for clothes and bag linings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your comments, I love reading them and appreciate your effort in writing them xx...