Friday, May 21, 2010

Vegie love

I love it when all the vegies we have for tea are from the garden.
Tonight we are having a roast, we swapped meat for fruit trees so that is sorta kinda 'from our place' in a way. With it we are having- spuds, parsnip, pumpkin, zucchini (yep, that's stil hanging around), the first of the peas, carrots, onions, garlic. All grown here. Love that.
I must admit- my 'helper' didn't hang around long after this photo was taken, and we weren't far into the pea shelling business...

No craft to show, that's happening tonight. Carolyn and Cheryl are coming over to create up a storm. Which means I can't hang round and chat because it would be very nice to offer them a clean work space!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds Yummy!!! I am growing parsnips for the first time and I think they should be ready soon - I haven't thinned them so the first ones will be small I guess. Fruit trees...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh yumm.
    My kids like doing broad beans.
    Have fun crafting, it helps to have partners in crime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sooo envious of your crop of veggies!
    And the mindless repetition of shelling peas - aaah.
    BTW - clean work spaces are over-rated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our veggie garden sounds very bare compared to your wonderful one. I dont think the peas would have ended up in the pot if I had of been shelling them, they would have popped straight into my mouth!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding your comments, I love reading them and appreciate your effort in writing them xx...